Blanketed snowfall covers this street corner and stately residence building in a seasonally serene way that makes for an idyllic image of city life in Boston. Because this particular corner gets less traffic, the snow tends to stick around a little longer — adding a timeless look to the historic architecture.
Wide-angle lens (28mm)
How to get there
N42° 21' 33.6348"W71° 03' 51.3468"
This façade is of the 57 Hancock building. I photographed it from the corner of Derne St and Hancock St, facing northwest towards the building.
By public transportation:
- Closest station: Park Street (Red Line or B, C, D or E Lines)
- Head northwest toward Freedom Trail
- Turn right onto Joy St and then take the stairs
- Turn right onto Mt Vernon St
- Mt Vernon St turns slightly left and becomes Hancock St
Get more with
Learn more about the locations and
how to get the best pictures including:
Best times to go
Current weather conditions and times around twilight