How to get there
N44° 48' 55.2996"W86° 04' 02.1"
The image was taken from the north end of Empire Beach along the shoreline. To get there, I recommend taking a car.
Once you're in Empire, MI:
- Take Front Street going west from the stop sign at M22
- Turn right at Joe's Friendly Tavern onto S Lake Street
- Turn left at the next stop onto Niagara Street, following the signs to the beach
- Park as far north in the parking lot near the boat launch as possible
- Walk right (north) up the beach until you hit the channel connecting the inland South Bar Lake to Lake Michigan (about a 5-10 minute walk)