This easily accessible ferris wheel is a super fun location to shoot on the waterfront of Seattle. The neon lights complement the deep blue sky and they can make for a variety of fun compositions — experiment and get creative!
This image was taken at the Seattle Great Wheel at Pier 57 in Seattle. To get to this location, enter the pier from Alaskan Way and then head west.
By public transportation:
- Closest station: University St Station Bay C
- Head northwest on 3rd Ave toward Gerard Schwarz Pl/University St
- Turn left onto Gerard Schwarz Pl/University St and take the stairs
- Turn right onto Alaskan Way
- Turn left onto Waterfront Park Access Rd
Seattle Great Wheel, Pier 57 - Miners Landing 1301 Alaskan Way Seattle, WA 98101
Get more with
Learn more about the locations and
how to get the best pictures including:
Best times to go
Current weather conditions and times around twilight