Sandwiched between a hotel and an office building, this Studio Gang-designed tower is a work of architectural genius. The balconies of the building were designed to create the impression of falling water, so from a lower perspective, it almost seems like you're looking up at a free-flowing waterfall. Don't let your eyes deceive you, though — as fluid as it may seem, this architecture stays put as one of the city's most unique façades.
Wide angle (28mm)
How to get there
N41° 53' 14.568"W87° 37' 11.4852"
This image was taken in the public courtyard of Swissotel Chicago, looking up at the hotel, 303 E Wacker and Aqua Tower. Go to the GPS coordinate and look up!
By public transportation:
- Closest station: Lake (via Red Line)
- Head south on N State St toward W Randolph St
- Turn left onto E Randolph St
- Turn right toward Chicago Pedway System and then take the stairs
- Take the pedestrian tunnel
- Slight left to stay on Chicago Pedway System
- The destination will be on your left
Swissotel Chicago, 323 East W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601
Get more with
Learn more about the locations and
how to get the best pictures including:
Best times to go
Current weather conditions and times around twilight