On the 8th floor rooftop of this museum, this dramatic scene offers a picture-perfect place to capture the arts outdoors.
Sun-Thurs 10:30AM-6PM; Fri-Sat 10:30-10PM
Wide-angle lens (24mm)
How to get there
N40° 44' 22.7616"W74° 00' 31.4316"
This image was taken at the Whitney Museum of American Art on top of the 8th floor at the indoor/outdoor space, Studio Cafe. Enter the museum then take the elevator up the eighth floor. Walk outside and these pillars will be on your left.
- Closest Station: 14 Street (1, 2, or 3 Trains)
- Head east on Gansevoort St toward Washington St
- Turn right onto Greenwich St
- Turn left onto Horatio St
- Continue onto W 13th St
- The museum will be on your right
Studio Cafe, 99 Gansevoort St, New York, NY 10014
Get more with
Learn more about the locations and
how to get the best pictures including:
Best times to go
Current weather conditions and times around twilight